|Drop Head Coupe||Tan|
|Left Hand Drive||Sand|
|29 January 1953|
|29 January 1953||United States|
|1953||British Racing Green|
|Dept. Maine et Loire|
4 more photos below ↓
Record Creation: Entered on 2 November 2005.
Some data provided courtesy: The XK Club
Database Updates: Show dataplate edits
Photos of 677001
Click slide for larger image. This car has 5 photos. (Dates are when image was uploaded.)
Exterior Photos (2)
Interior Photos (2)
Detail Photos: Engine (1)
We now require an email address to leave a comment. Your IP will be recorded in an effort to reduce spam. (Report problem posts here.)
2008-08-01 09:16:57 | pauls writes:
Car to be at auction 8/08
Sale 16250 - A Sale of Jaguar Motor Cars and Related Automobilia, 9 Aug 2008
XK60, Goodwood, Chichester, Sussex
Lot No: 207
The first left-hand drive
1953 Jaguar XK120 Drophead Coupé
Registration no. NWY 790
Chassis no. 677001
Engine no. W-7036-8
Estimate: £50,000 - 60,000
Chassis number ‘677001’ is the first left-hand drive production XK120 drophead coupé manufactured, and was completed at the Browns Lane factory on 29th January 1953. This model is the rarest of the three XK120 variants (only 1,769 drophead coupés were built compared with 7,631 roadsters and 2,678 fixed-head coupés) and represents Jaguar’s classic XK sports car in its early, purest form. This particular car was delivered via the Hornburg Jaguar dealership on Sunset Boulevard, Hollywood, USA having been registered ‘NWY 790’ in the UK prior to despatch in April 1953. Re-imported to the UK in 1978, it had enjoyed only one previous owner in this country before being acquired by the current vendor in 1988. A very original car retaining matching numbers, ‘NWY 790’ has been treated to a long-term, bare metal restoration while in the vendor’s hands, a process that took from 1988 to 2000. The vendor advises us that original parts were refurbished and reused wherever possible during the car’s professional restoration by a specialist company. Mick Turley was entrusted with re-trimming the interior and hood, using the original frame for an excellent fit, while refurbishment of the wood veneers was carried out by a Rolls-Royce craftsman. A new fuel tank and sensor were fitted, as well as a new stainless-steel exhaust system. A jack and set of rear wheel spats is included in the sale, although the latter are neither painted nor fitted.
Regularly used and reliable, ‘NWY 790’ was driven to the Le Mans Classic event in 2006 and is presented in very good/excellent condition in every respect, having been kept inside a Carcoon. The car is offered with sundry restoration invoices; a quantity of expired MoTs; assorted restoration photographs; MoT/road fund licence to August 2009; and Swansea V5 registration document.
2008-10-30 05:03:47 | Robert van der Meulen writes:
The car is the first LHD DHC.